|About Us/Functions & Responsibilities at various levels
Minister, Commerce Industry & Employment
- Overall incharge of the Department.
- Empowered to grant financial sanctions.
- Empowered to make reshuffle in the department.
Principal Secretary, Commerce Industry & Employment
- Administrative Head of the department
- Overall Incharge for coordination between departments and other State agencies.
- Overall Incharge for coordination between State and Central Government.
- Overall Incharge for policy related matters.
- Functional Head of the department.
- Responsible for implementing the policies & guidelines issued by the State/ Central Government.
- Responsible for creating infrastructure for industrialization.
- Responsible for attracting investment in the State through industrialization.
- Responsible for growth of small scale Industries & Large and Medium Industries in the State.
- Functional Head of the Small Scale Industries & Employment Schemes.
- Responsible for growth of Small Scale Industries in the State.
- Responsible for creating employment opportunities for unemployed youth in the State.
- Responsible for implementation of Self Employment Schemes in the State.
- Responsible for training and Entrepreneurship Programmes for the Unemployed Youths
- Responsible for Co-ordination between the Banks,State Agencies and Beneficiaries for successful implementation of Employment Schemes.
- Functional Head of the Boiler related activities in the State.
- Responsible for Safety of Boilers in the State.
- Responsible for compliance of Indian Boiler Act in the State.
- Responsible for Annual Inspections of Boilers and allied activities in the State.
- Responsible for safe manufacturing and Repairing of Boilers in the state.
- Responsible for safe transfer of Boilers within and outside of the state.
- Responsible for timely organizing Boiler related Academic Activities such as Boiler attendants exams etc.
- Responsible for creating safety awareness among the Boiler users.
Registrar, Firms and Societies
- Functional Head of the Firms and Societies wing of the Department.
- Overall In charge of the Registration matters of Firms, Societies etc.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance of the Act’s guidelines for the above mentioned activities.
- Responsible for ensuring financial disipline among the Registered Firms and Societies.
- Responsible for timely renewal of registration and revenue collection